I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS

I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face

Monday, July 5, 2010

MAKHI IS OFF ALL MEDS FOR OMS


It has been sooo long since I have last updated. I have so much good news to share with everyone about Makhi.
MAKHI IS OFF ACTH AND IVIG SINCE MAY AND IS DOING GREAT!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!! I thought the day that I would be able to say that would never come but it has and the feeling of relief is something that I am just unable to put into words... Makhi has beat all the odds that were stacked against him. Makhi was DX in July of 2007 with SERVE OMS!!! B-Cells were 7 times enfolded and I was told that Makhi would more than likely never attend a regular school and that he may never do things that all the children his age would do.. Well Makhi has surpassed all those odds!!!!! Makhi still has some OMS sytoms that may never go away like behavior but besides that he is no different then a normal child who has never had cancer of OMS.

Makhi is really enjoying the summer without all the doctor appointments!!!! No more infusions all day no more going to the doctors every week and getting poked all the time. It almost like he is just now getting to live the life of a NORMAL child. His oncology doctor said he is doing so well that he does not even need to be seen until September. WOW that is just weird after feeling like we lived there for 3 years....

So instead of the doctor appointment Makhi is learning all sorts of new things. He has learned how to swim and spends almost everyday at the pool with me and his 2 sisters. He has made himself alot of new friends at the pool that he loves to play with them. Makhi is also starting football in 3 weeks. He is attending a week long football camp and then will start playing games in August!!!

I will never take Makhi's freedom for granted EVER. I can't help but be brought to tears when I sit back and watch him. I will NEVER forget how this disease once crippled my son and to see him today playing and doing things that all 5 years should be doing it just takes my breath away at times :)

On May 4,2007 OMS and Neuroblastoma stole my sons childhood but it NEVER stole his spirit and I am soooooo very proud of my son.

There are so many new families that I have talked to who's children with newly DX with OMS and I would ask that everyone pray for them and their families. And for those who continue in your fight my prayers are with you every night...


No comments: