I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS

I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Makhi's first day of 1st grade



Hello to my OMS family.It's been awhile since I have done a update. I have been getting alot of e-mails lately asking how Makhi is so I figured it was time to do another post lol :). Makhi has been off ATCH for 15 months now and IVIG for 12 months and is still going strong.

Makhi's behavior is really the only sign of OMS that I can see anymore. His coordination/balance is good and his speech is getting alot better. It can still be difficult to understand him sometimes but his speech is so much better than it was just a year ago.

Makhi did very well last year in school and made hugh strides. We had to move over the summer and now he will be attending a new school which has me on edge. I am just hoping and praying that his new school shows the same caring and concern as Middletown (FINK) did.

He is playing his second year of football for Seven Sorrows and he had his first game his pass weekend.


Over the summer Makhi has discovered some new interest. Basketball, Skating Boarding , and riding his bike without training wheels;)

I really could not be happier with Makhi's progress.

I always go back to that day Aug 2007 in Springfield IL when I was told that Makhi would more than likely never attend a regular school or play sports and I look at him now and he makes me the proudest mama in the world :)

No comments: