I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS

I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

1 year today Makhi was taken off ACTH


I have some great news to share with all of my OMS family. Today is a great day and marks the beginning of a great future for Makhi and a huge milestone for him!!!!! He has been off ACTH for one year today with no signs of relapsing. This year has been Makhi's best year since being struck with cancer and OMS.

To the families who children have been DX with OMS I wanna share a little insight. There were times when I felt like this nightmare would never be over. I would spend hours, weeks, months pacing the floor with my son who did not NOTHING but scream and cry morning,noon,and night. Just 4 years ago I was uncertain if my son would ever walk,or talk again or if he would even make it . I was told my son would never attend a regular school , play sports or ever live the life of a "normal child"....well that couldn't be any further then the truth. Makhi is attending school and doing very well. He plays football and loves it...

My son Makhi is my HERO...He fought a hard long fight , his strenght, and his resilience has been nothing short of amazing!!!! So my only bit of advice is NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

MOMMY LOVES U AND TODAY IS A GREAT DAY AND THE BEGINNING OF UR BRIGHT FUTURE

3 comments:

Count your blessings said...

great 2 read this and my love to makhi... this s really really encouraging...

may lord be with all the OMS kids and all those who suffer

sure my daughter too will walk like a normal baby..

Becky said...

I am so sorry about your son. I am praying for him.

Do you have a facebook?

wanita said...

I will be praying for your son and it is good to hear his wonderful progress. My grand-daughter Lucy was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and it has been so hard for all of us to see how she struggles daily. This blog gives me hope for a bright future for Lucy. I pray for all the oms families because it is a very difficult rode.