I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS

I AM WINNING THE BATTLE AGAINST OMS
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face

Sunday, March 7, 2010

7.8 MILLION DOLLORS RAISED BY PSU STUDENTS 4 THE FIGHT AGAINST PED CANCER


Roxy,Natay,Adrian,Cierra,Makhi,Tara,Paul,Kourtney




Wow it has been along time since I have had the time to sit down and update Makhi's site. Time is always a issue around this house. LOL

The picture above was taken at THON 2010 and it was another wonderful year.7.8 MILLON DOLLARS RAISED!!!! The NAACP was Makhi's sponsor again this year and they are just wonderful. If you don't already know what THON is it is yearlong effort to raise funds and awareness for the fight against pediatric cancer. All the money is raised by Penn State Students.It is the largest student-run philanthropy in the world!!!! It is nothing else like this....You would just have to be there to see!!! If you wanna learn more about this you can go to THON.org.

As far as Makhi he has taken another backslide. We are unable to get Makhi off the ACTH :( ..... Every time we get him to .06 or lower he starts to relapse.. Since our last visit with Dr.P in Springfield we have gone from 1.6 on ACTH to .06 but getting him off the drug completely has just not happened. Our last visit to Dr P was in March of 2009 and the issue at that time was Makhi T-Cell were still dis regulated so we did 3 rounds of chemo and that seemed to work for awhile. He was holding steady at.06 on ACTH and was doing well but in the last month I have seen allot of Makhi OMS symptoms coming back. His behavior is getting worst and he is having alot more rage attacks lately.

The most frustrating thing about this is I can't seem to be able to get the help I need for Makhi here in Pa. So on May 3rd 2010 Makhi and I will be flying back to Springfield IL. Hopefully we will know then what it is that is causing the OMS to return. I have a feeling that it is his T-cells and no longer a B-cell issue at this point. I could be wrong but that is what my gut is telling me.

Makhi also has to go for testing next week to have his echo cardiogram and a bone density test done.These test are done to make sure that the steroids (ACTH) that he takes are not effecting his heart and bones. It is so hard to believe that Makhi has been on ACTH going on three years soon. We have to get him off this drug so I hoping for some real answer as to what is next after our visit to Springfield.

On a better note Makhi is a fighter he always has been and he trys to remain positive. I said this before and i will say it again. I have learned so much from my little man. He has taught me about never giving up ...He has also taught me to have patients that i thought i would never have LOL ...But the most important thing he taught me is to have faith!!!! I still believe that he is in the most important fight of his life and he will come out a winner....

That's all for now I will keep you all updated on Makhi as soon as I have some real answers





No comments: